This position is to cover a maternity leave.
Retirement Miramichi Inc. is seeking to hire a full-time ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT as a maternity leave replacement which is expected to be for a one-year period. Candidates should have strong knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable. A description of the qualifications required and duties is listed below.
Forward application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found. The start date is
late November/very early December 2023.
Thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DECSRIPTION: Administrative Assistant
This full-time position (37.5 hours per week) reports directly to the General Manager.
Scope of position: As Administrative Assistant this person is responsible for all activities related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing financial statements, processing payroll information, reception and secretarial duties.
Post-secondary education in fields relating to accounting, payroll and administrative training.
Related work experience is an asset.
The successful candidate will possess strong skills in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing financial statements, processing payroll information, administrative responsibilities, reception and secretarial duties.
The successful candidate will have strong software skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access and Simply Accounting Sage 50.
Experience with ADP Team Pay or PayWorks and PAD banking software is an asset.
The successful candidate will also be: a team player, reliable, organized, dependable and responsible; have: good interpersonal skills, a good attitude, initiative, integrity, good communication skills; and take pride in his/her work.
Written and oral competence in English is required. Bilingualism is an asset.
- Financial – manage and maintain accounts payable, manage and maintain accounts receivable, prepare financial reports, accept and record rental payments, prepare monthly deposits and bank reconciliation, payroll preparation.
- Record Systems – track rent cheques/payments, keep tenant files up-to-date, create/maintain/update various electronic and paper databases and filing systems.
- General Office – provide secretarial support, receive maintenance requests and provide information and direction to tenants, prepare leases, lease renewals and notices, compile and distribute materials for meetings, receive, sort and distribute mail, recording secretary at Board of Directors meetings (one evening per month), maintain office supplies.
- Communication – reception (telephone/email/client visitation), take messages, schedule meetings, prepare correspondence.
Condition of employment: Selected candidate will be required to present a current Criminal Record History Check and such document must be to the satisfaction of the General Manager.
Remuneration: $23.60 – $25.13 per hour (dependent upon experience).
Benefits: earned vacation days; earned sick days; paid holidays, group health benefits.
Deadline: The competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found. The start date is late November/very early December 2023.
Application, at minimum, should contain:
- Cover letter
- Resume – citing education and a thorough description of relevant experience,
qualifications and skills
- Proof of education
- The names and telephone numbers of three references, at least two of whom were your
supervisors in similar type of work.
Forward to: email@example.com